konqueror and umask

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Thu Aug 16 16:06:25 BST 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007, pol <linux_milano at yahoo.it> wrote about '[kde]
konqueror and umask':
> I am wondering whether files in ~/.kde/env are actually
> ever sourced.
> Any ideas?

They are only sourced if the file name ends with '.sh'.

Also, depending on the way you start KDE, those files my not be read by
your login shell.  E.g. on my Ubuntu system I use /bin/bash as my login
shell, but those environment files are read by /bin/sh (a symlink
to /bin/dash).

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))