closing applications on exit

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 11:26:59 BST 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 03:23:47 am pol wrote:
> I woudl like to close automatically some applications as i log out, so that
> they are not saved with the session.
> Any ideas?
>
> thank you
> Pol

If you change the settings in session manager to load previously saved session
this will not be a problem.

IN System Settings click on the "Advanced" tab Then click on "Session Manager"
(which in my Advanced window is in the bottom right).

There are three sections that control your session.  The Middle section
labled "On Login" has three options, click the radio button beside "Restore
manually saved session", then click apply and close System Settings.

You should now find an option in your Kmenu right under the Switch User icon,
labeled "Save Session".  Arrange everything as you would like them to appear
when you boot up, including running apps, and apps in the system tray, and
then click "save session" and then every time you boot up KDE will start just
like that.

If you have kontact running it will start up open and not minimized, other
than that I think every thing else behaves. :-D

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Buy batteries and Support Life: