Mounting CD ROM

Israel Goitom israel.goitom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 19:33:30 BST 2007

Thanks Matthew and John,

I am very sorry to be asking such stupid questions, but I am a complete
beginner to linux.

I have managed to mount my cdrom drive using the following command line

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom0/

but I was not able to see the cd drive on my desktop. On the Gnome desktop I
get both the home directory and the the cd drive icons but on the KDE I
could not find this. I tried looking through the desktop configuration but
it does not give the option of displaying this. Could you help me out with
this as well?

Thanks again,
Israel.