Problems with KNetworkManager and Airport

Axel lists at 19q.net
Sat Apr 28 17:38:25 BST 2007

Hello!

On Debian etch (powerpc) I get my airport (not extreeme) to run but I
can not activate networks with the KNetworkManager. Does anyone have an
idea what might be wrong or what I make false? Thanks for any help.

Greets

Axel

As you can see below the card and NetworkManager work but in the KDE
dockapp KNetworkManager I only can click on "Activate Wireless
Networks". In the list of networks nothing is there.

=========================
root at laptop:~# nm-tool

NetworkManager Tool

State: connected

- Device: eth2
  NM Path:           /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/eth2
  Type:              802.11 Wireless
  Driver:            airport
  Active:            no
  HW Address:        00:30:65:07:22:32

  Capabilities:
    Supported:       yes
    Speed:           11 Mb/s

  Wireless Settings
    Scanning:        yes
    WEP Encryption:  yes

  Wireless Networks (* = Current Network)
    wlan:           Infrastructure Mode, Freq 2.412 MHz, Rate 0 Mb/s,
Strength 100%, Encrypted (WEP)
=======