KDE thrashing again

Scott Bicknell scotbicknel at cox.net
Wed Apr 25 17:53:59 BST 2007

On Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:26 am, John wrote:

> It's happened again. This time kmail, 2 copies of kate, ding and 2
> konq windows running, 3 tabs in one and 1 in the other. Linux is
> continually swapping in and out small portions of memory. Started
> suddenly for no apparent reason. Machine slows down and then goes so
> slow as to be unusable. I had to hit the reset button this time -
> kmenu wouldn't come up.
>
> Anybody know anything about this? It's permanent once it happens.

I've had this problem from time to time for several years. Doesn't
matter what distro I'm using. Every time I've ever mentioned it to
anyone online I've been given the
laugh-off/roll-the-eyes/shake-the-head treatment, so I don't bother
anymore. Hopefully, you will be taken more seriously.
--
73, AC7ZZ
http://counter.li.org/