emacs key bindings

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sun Apr 15 00:10:39 BST 2007

For the twelve years or so that I've been using X, I've had emacs
keybindings when editing in whichever window manager. I'm giving KDE a
try, and my biggest frustration is that it seems to default to
microsoft keybidings (ctrl-a selects all, rather than going to the
beginning of the line). I've asked on various fora, and done quite a
few web searches, but all I have found is people asking how to change
key bindings, but I haven't found any answers.

I thought I had something today when in control center->
kde components-->
component chooser

it had an entry for Embedded Advanced Text Editor
but It wouldn't let me change (Fedora Core 6).

I can select my editor/keybidings in bash, in gnome, even in editors,
I don't believe it can't be changed in KDE.

--
Software that holds your hand is one thing, software that holds your
hand and won't let go is really, really annoying.