dbus problem, selinux?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Apr 11 18:00:16 BST 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 18:09 +0100, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > I managed to build trunk/KDE/kdelibs, but kbuildsycoca4 doesn't run. I'm
> > guessing this has something to do with it:
> >
> > $ dbus-uuidgen --ensure && qdbus
> > Could not connect to D-Bus server:
> > org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute
> > dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session
> > $ ( eval `PATH=$DBUSDIR/bin $DBUSDIR/bin/dbus-launch --auto-syntax` )
> > Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
> > "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory
> > EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
> > $
> >
> > Is there any easy way around this problem? I made a cursory attempt to
> > upgrade selinux-policy-targeted, but it wants a ton of dependencies.
> > (I'm on RHAS4, that has never been upgraded from rpm's, I'm not even
> > sure I know how to go about doing that...)
>
> (Oh, sure, *NOW* this shows up...)
>
> I found --disable-selinux and rebuilt dbus, kbuildsycoca4 at least
> is...running now (lots of warnings about 'undefined mimetype' though; I
> have s-m-i-0.20 but I wonder if it is picking up the OS-installed 0.15).

Hmm, maybe your XDG_ environment variables list the OS-installed before the
other.

> So I'll run DBUS without selinux support because dbus+selinux doesn't
> work on my system.

Usually the D-Bus session bus is started by the session initialtion mechanism,
e.g. X startup scripts. Could be that the fallback (autolaunch) hasn't been
tested within SELinux environments yet or it could require extra tricks.

If this is important for you consider asking on the dbus mailinglist on
freedesktop.org

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring