KMail with multiple identities

Scott Bicknell scotbicknel at cox.net
Tue Apr 10 22:37:58 BST 2007

On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:25 pm, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:

> I cannot figure out at this point how to connect an Identity, a
> POP account, and an SMTP account. . . . Is there anyone here who is
> familiar with KMail that can set me straight?

If you go to the identity screen of the configuration dialog, select the
identity you want to work with and click the Modify... button. Then,
you can choose the Advanced tab from the dialog that pops up and check
the Special transport check box. Then you can choose an smtp account to
use for sending email from that identity.

To specify particular identities for particular recipients, you can
filter mail from them into separate folders. Then, right-click on the
folder, choose Properties, and select the Sender identity you would
like to use with that recipient. Hope that helps.
--
73, AC7ZZ
http://counter.li.org/