Login fails but afert ok it works

Ralf Prengel ralf.prengel at rprengel.de
Fri Apr 6 06:11:11 BST 2007

Hallo,

I asked in several forums and list before but no one answered.

My problem:
All users are managed by ldap. No lokal logins are existing.
The problem:
After entering login and password an message appears
password db maybe to restrictive but after an mausclick on the ok button
it works.
Login into the shell is working without this problem for all users.
I think that ther is an problem with the pam-files or something similar
but I ve no idea wher to search.
Im using pam_mount too and this works fine when using the /etc/pam.d/xdm
file. For the moment the pam_mount is disabled so that this could not
cause the problem.

Thanks for hints.

Ralf Prengel