KDE installation problems

Greenlee, Gregory Gregory.Greenlee at saralee.com
Thu Sep 28 18:52:02 BST 2006

I am running Debian 2.6.17-2-amd64 kernel. I recently tried to install
kde but receive dependency errors. The error is :

  kde: Depends: kdewebdev (>= 4:3.4.3) but it is not going to be
installed.
When i do an apt-cache search i see the actual package but it doesn't
let me install it, and gives me this error:

  kdewebdev: Depends: quanta (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not installable
             Depends: kfilereplace (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not
installable
             Depends: kimagemapeditor (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not
installable
             Depends: klinkstatus (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not
installable
             Depends: kommander (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not installable
             Depends: kxsldbg (>= 4:3.4.3-2) but it is not installable

Thanks

Greg Greenlee
A+ certified / Network+ certified / Linux+ certified
Customer Support Analyst
Sara Lee Technology Services
4700 Duke Drive Suite 195
Mason, Ohio 45040
1-866-259-9360

This transmission is intended only for use by the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient you should not
read, disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use the
information contained in this transmission. The information
contained in this transmission may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission
including any attachments.