Active Desktop Borders, mouse location

Thomas Krawczyk krawct at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 03:01:34 BST 2006

I have grown to love virutal desktops in Fvwm, and have avoided KDE because "active borders" are not quite the same. The reason is simple, in Fvwm, virtual desktops make it appear that you are working in one much large desktop and just viewing a subsection of it. In KDE this feeling is lost because of where your cursor appears after you move to an edge and switch desktops.

Is there a configuration option in KDE to make cursor appear on the opposite side of the desktop you came from. i.e. If you move your cursor off the right side edge then in the new desktop the cursor should move to the left side edge. This would give the illusion that you are on one large desktop.

I'd be happy to hack the source if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-Tom