Control Center Problem

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 12 17:43:33 BST 2006

>> Nope.  The search feature in inop.  When I typed "display" in the search
>> window and hit enter nothing happened.  Something bad happened during
>> the upgrade to 3.5.4. and it is going to be difficult to find just what
>> is broken.
>>

> There is KDE 3.5.5 available now. Try upgrading again.
> What distro are you on? Are you compiling KDE or installing it from some
> package manager?

I am using FreeBSD 5.4, and I'm surprised to see that KDE 3.5.5 is
available, because I did a port upgrade this morning and nothing showed
up.  3.5.5 may not be available for FreeBSD.  I compile KDE from the
Ports collection, although I can install from a package.  The trouble
with the package KDE is that it is not the latest version.

Rem