default attachments in message 1160106319.30060.3.camel @scott.aphofis.com

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Fri Oct 6 15:50:53 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 13:25 schrieb alpha096 at tpg.com.au:
> You have kindly published me message I sent and I notice in the
> published article you mentioned that the attachment was scrubbed.
>
> The attachment is my digital signature that I in future will not sign
> any further email to you.
>
> It appears as an p7s file attachment and guarantees the email has not
> been tampered with during transmission.
>
> Just thought I would let you know what the attachment was for
>
> Scott

Don't worry, that "scrubbing" of attachments is probably
the (automated) doing of the mailing list archive you used to look up
your messages.  Attachments normally reach the KDE mailing lists alright.

See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=116001130419157&w=2 ,
there's one of your emails with the signature ...
As far as I can see there is no reason not to sign your emails.

You may want to switch off HTML in your emails though,
mailing lists are considered a plain text medium.
The message I linked to is multipart/alternative
(contains both plain text and HTML version).

Christian.