font size, dpi and rendering in KDE and Gnome

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Fri Oct 6 13:15:45 BST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2006 03:18 schrieb Felix Miata:

> I touched on "getting it set" upthread. Displays can have good DDC, or bad
> DDC, or no DDC. Either of the latter means getting it properly set depends
> on good input from the user, and good data in the lookup databases often
> used by the user. Much of that data is unreliable marketing junk rather
> than technical goodness.

Ok, point taken. Then I'd suggest pointing blame towards manufacturers.
Each time someone has X calc dpi and issues tell that user that the
manufacturer is to blame. Will sort out crappy displays in the long run.

As for now, I think I'll stick to setting Xft manually then, tho I wonder how
this will affect printing and scanning.

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com