font size, dpi and rendering in KDE and Gnome - attitude warning

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Oct 2 19:44:17 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 30. September 2006 15:03 schrieb Felix Miata:
> Since it isn't apparent you bothered to read through the dpi.html URL I
> gave you, I don't think there is any more I can say at this point.

I so did read it.

First pasage is about: how to config Mozilla. I don't use Mozilla or Firefox.
The Second passage is about: how to config Mozilla. I *still* don't use
Mozilla or Firefox.

The third passage is about how to read xdpyinfo and to have X claculate dpi on
its own - if you read my mail, you would have seen that I'm past this point.

The next few paragraphs are about ugly hacks to override here and override
there what X deems correct.
Maybe there's a misunderstanding, but I was rather looking for solutions, not
for ugly hacks. After 7 years of Linux I come to think I wasted more than
enough of my precious time on ugly hacks I have to care about eacht time I
upgrade the system, thanks.

The final two paragraphs are about... conf'ing Mozilla! Guess what, even as of
now:
--> I don't use Mozilla or Firefox or Seamonkey or whatever other spawn of
this degenerate code hodgepodge <--

(Opera for the win.)

State of the art would be if KDE set the parameters in gconf properly. Guess
I'll file a feature wish.

Dex

--

http://www.stop1984.com