Kmail spam filtering - Help and a note for kde developers.

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 26 09:38:12 GMT 2006

I thought that might be the case but where is the documentation? It might
tempt me to upgrade.

On this general subject it should be fairly easy for a knowledgeable person to
write a shell script to do this sort of thing but novices do not stand much
chance. Showing my age - my first program written in the late 60's was in
dartmouth basic using a paper tape and a teletype. That language is the most
concise, complete, easily understood set of instructions ever invented. Later
prior to the pc it was extended to include file systems, simple formatted
output and some structured constructs such as whiles and case statements etc
and run on small low powered desk top micro's eg Z80 and 6500 etc. Some of
the basics were even user extendable all in 8kbytes or less-True programming
for the masses. Rather than specific scripts for kmail as indicated here
wouldn't a kde wide scripting language based on that be a more sensible and
generally more useful path to follow? Ok line numbers and goto's are old hat
but are on the other hand very easy to use and can be understood by anybody.
Following on from that Microshaft did gwbasic. Again easily understood and
capable of handling graphics. That might eventually also be a useful further
step in the right direction. The linux scripts I'm aware of remind me of what
I used to do with KED and batch files on a dos box. A few letters to do what
ever it was I wanted to do. Productive but not easily understood by others.

John

--
Regards
John