Kmail spam filtering - Help

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 21:32:48 GMT 2006

I noticed that the filter supports regular expressions but unless I can
identify tags for certain elements of the email eg to, from, subject, content
etc I don't see how they can be used effectively. I did notice the address
book option and also that there isn't and adequate help file on the whole
subject. So me original question still stands.
> Is the mail from somebody in my address book?
> Is the mail addressed to one of my accounts ? (Some aren't)
> Is the mail from somebody in a domain or who has a name that I known sends
> spam?
> The vast bulk of the rest could be spotted with a simple sentence and or
> word check. Firstly in the subject and then in the content.
They may sound simple but certain of my accounts should only receive mail from
a few sources. Spammers - usually with and attached gif etc are well versed
in getting round content learning spam filters.
John