exe files

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 12:51:52 GMT 2006

On 9.11.2006 13:09, Mitch wrote:
> the Gimp: makes Photoshop look useless

I really wish that was true... Unfortunately it has quite some stuff to learn
about usability and user interface. Besides that it is a wonderful programme.

As for the topic question: Starting to learn Linux from scratch may prove to
be difficult, if you bare all the Windows stuff in mind. In some previous
post it was recommended that you get some Linux beginner's book and that is
really what I think will help the most, since it should introduce you to the
Linux world step by step, one thing at a time.

One more thing connected directly to your question: You ask about exe files.
In windows the file's name must end in .exe in order to be executed
automatically. In Linux file names have no such restriction. The one thing
that a file must meet as a requirement is to be marked as executable. I won't
get into detail on how to do that (if you are somewhat familiar with the
command line interface, check out manual for the chmod command by typing 'man
chmod'), just letting you know.

Good luck!

--
Blade hails you...

Take my life if you have the heart to die
                              --Nightwish