Storage media desktop devices problem

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 23:43:59 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 8:19 pm, Pablo Culler wrote:
> I'm using Kubuntu 6.10 and Kde 3.5.5. My problem is quite simple the
> desktop device icons are not pointing to media:/device for example, they
> are pointing to /media/device. This forces me to mount via right click
> cause with double click there is no effect and also when some of the
> devices are mounted there is no tree files on konqueror cause they are
> pointing to /media and not to media:/ is there any possible way to correct
> devices path because this problem is driving me nuts and makes kubuntu very
> unusable for me...

What should happen is that when the removable media is inserted or connected
you get a prompt asking you what you want to do with it.

I have a WesterDigital MYBook USB Hard drive, and a CD mounted as we speak.
If you don't get the prompt there may be something missing.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5

Christian Books On-Line http://risenbooks.com
http://home.comcast.net/~dhcolesj