exe files

Mike Goral medtravel at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:20:57 GMT 2006

Just installed this operating system and am slowly learning.  One thing that
puzzles me is when I download an installation program to the desktop, I
can't figure out how to execute it.  For instance, if I download a media
player, I'll get an icon on my desktop for an exe program to install the
player.  In Windows, I would just double click this and it would run to
install the program.  This doesn't work on this operating system and I'm
stumped.  BTW, only very modestly computer literate.  .  Thanks in advance
for any help.

Mike G