KMail + Gnubiff

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Nov 8 12:17:33 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 13:01, T E Schmitz wrote:
> On Saturday 04 November 2006 16:43, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Friday 03 November 2006 20:55, T E Schmitz wrote:
> > > In the KMail Account settings, I tried setting "autmatically compact
> > > folders".
> > >
> > > This works eventually but it would appear that the folders are
> > > compacted on exit or start-up only? This wouldn't be very satisfactory
> > > either.
> >
> > I think it also does compacting one folder at a time triggered by idle
> > time
>
> Is it maybe the case that
> dcop kmail KMailIface compactAllFolders
> is only executed on local folders? This would explain why it did not do the
> trick for my IMAP folders.

Yes, quite possible. Nevertheless I'd consider it a bug, it is
called "All"  :)

> "automatically compact folders" (i.e. expunge) cuts in when the folder is
> exited:
> a) select a different folder
> b) exit kmail

Ah, thanks for testing this through.

> So, we still need one click to expunge to notify the notifiers of the
> deletion.
>
> Now, if I could auto-label my messages as they come in, KMail would be the
> bees-knees. ;-)

:)
Would at least require a disconnected (cached) IMAP, since messages on online
IMAP are not put through KMail's filters.

Anyway, there could be further options I don't know about and maybe someone on
kdepim-users does (KDE PIM developers are likely subscribed there)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring