can not start kdesktop_lock

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Sat Nov 4 21:00:55 GMT 2006

Hi!

I have kde 3.5.5. I'm experiencing a weird problem. When clicking on the
Desktop Lock button on the Lock/Logout applet, or pressing the hotkey
associated with "Lock Session", then sometimes kdesktop_lock won't
start. I need to press the button three or four times to get it
started. I have no error entry in my ~/.xsession-errors and have no
idea how to debug this :\

I've tried to replace the kdesktop_lock binary with a script which calls
strace with kdesktop_lock, but it says:
strace: ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...): Operation not permitted

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ps.: please cc me

Daniel