KMail + Gnubiff

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 4 16:43:39 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 20:55, T E Schmitz wrote:

> In the KMail Account settings, I tried setting "autmatically compact
> folders".
>
> This works eventually but it would appear that the folders are compacted
> on exit or start-up only? This wouldn't be very satisfactory either.

I think it also does compacting one folder at a time triggered by idle time

> The best solution would be if a message is marked as read when it's
> deleted.

Agreed.

> > I think it is called "cachedimap" in the settings section for mailboxes.
>
> I think it's cached IMAP.

Hmm, cached IMAP also adds the synchronisation time, i.e. all local changes
are synchronized to the server in regular intervals, so depending in your
check interval it might take a few seconds or minutes until the changes are
visible on the server.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring