konqueror problems

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Nov 3 13:52:41 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 09:57, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 09:43, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> > 3) I enter the path to my own java env in the java config window, but
> > still some sites (presumably depending a lot on java) do not work (e.g.
> > google calender) saying that the browser is not supported (I use default
> > identification). I saw the java HowTo on kde.org, but it didnt shed any
> > light. What's happening?
>
> Are you sure this is Java and not JavaScript related?
>
> Because in the second case I remember that some of the Google webapps had
> broken browser detection a while ago and would only work when changing the
> user agent identification, however I thought Google developers have already
> fixed it.
>
> If it is indeed a Java problem, there could be some information in the Java
> console, which can shown by clicking on the "Duke" icon (Java mascot, a
> triangular toon character)
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin. I'm having similar problems with Konqueror not loading Java applets.
I've put the javaconsole output below in case it throws any light on the
problem. This is using Sun's JRE 1.5.0_06, and also JRE 1.5.0_09.

This is one I'm having a problem with.
 http://www.itautrade.com.br

 And this is the output from the javaconsole as it tries to load the applets.
Only one of them loads,(a stock ticker), the other one (a graph) says it's

 01/11/06 12:07:17 [HPGR3] init
 01/11/06 12:07:17 [HPTI3] init
 run falha: false java.lang.NullPointerException
 01/11/06 12:07:25 [HPGR3] run finalizado
 01/11/06 12:07:25 [HPTI3] start
 Refresh : https://ww51.itau.com.br/pegabds/Tic...at&NomeAtivo=1
 Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
 at HP3.HPTI3.update(Unknown Source)
 at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
 at sun.awt.X11.XRepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
 at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
 at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 01/11/06 12:07:25 [HPTI3] run

 The other one that won't load in Konqueror is the shell to access the
Smoothwall through the web interface. The output from the javaconsole for
this one is below.

 Error during state 1
 Backtrace:
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class: de.mud.jta.Applet
 at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:238)
 at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:248)
 at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.doState(KJASAppletStub.java:165)
 at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.run(KJASAppletStub.java:252)

 Here I get "applet loading", with the little coffee bean above it, then
"applet failed", but again it loads ok with Firefox.

btw.  The java test applet loads ok, and one site, a weather site that uses
Java animation loads ok, and the animation works.

Nigel.