Kopete

Bill Wells hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 1 23:17:44 GMT 2006

I have been experiencing a problem with Kopete for the past 2 days.

When I change my status to "Online" and hover the cursor over the flower (I
use an ICQ UIN), it shows as "Connecting"  but it never does.  If I click on
the "Online" button again, my contacts that are on-line show as on-line for
about 30 seconds until the ICQ server detects that I have logged on again.
It then gives me an

You have logged in more than once with the same UIN, account 1xxxxxxxx4 is now
disconnected.

Error message.

If I click on the "Online" icon again, the program goes into the "Connecting"
mode but never connects..........I have left it in that mode to attempt a
connect for over an hour, when I hovered the cursor over the flower, it still
showed "Connecting".

A hard (shutdown -h now) reboot gives the same result on restart.

I don't know where to even start looking for a solution for this one.

Bill Wells