Please help to install kdm theme manager

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:16:30 BST 2006

Yes, the configure script will look for important things like the dir where
qt and kde are installed.

So you'll have to pass them as paramaters to the configure script.

./configure --with-qt-dir=/path-to-qt --prefix=/path-to-kde

Try ./configure --help to get see a complete list of paramaters that can be
passed.

KDE and Qt will install to varyinf directorys depending upon your distro.

I'm sure there is a variable, but I don't know what it is. KDE is pretty
big, you shouldn't have any problem finding it.

Good Luck

On 5/23/06, Lorenzo La Spada <l.laspada at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if I missed something during the processus but I can't
> install theme and I can't install kdm theme manager.
> I tried in root user mode the ./configure command (for kdm theme
> manager) and I have the following error message:
>
> From the kde terminal:
>
> (...
> checking for kde-config... not found
> configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!
> Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.
> )
>
> I don't understand because there is a kde-config file in sw/bin
>
> Trying from the os x terminal will give:
>
> (...
> checking for libjpeg6b... no
> checking for libjpeg... no
> configure: WARNING: libjpeg not found. disable JPEG support.
> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> )
>
> Here again, I don't understand cause both libjpg v.6b-16 and qt3 are
> installed.
>
> Do I need to configure something?
>
> Thank you for help.

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain