Have apps on root window or disable window decoration?

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Tue May 16 13:34:57 BST 2006

Op dinsdag 16 mei 2006 06:54, schreef Ryo Furue:

Hi,

> Hi KDE users,
>
> I want to have a simple analog clock on my root window of every
> desktop.  I don't want it to appear on my task bar.

Another way is to use window specific rules:

1) Open the application you want to show on your desktop (xclock for example)
2) Right click a title bar and choose Configure Window Behaviour.
3) Select the Window Specific Settings section
4) Create a new rule
5) Press the detect button and click on the xclock window. Now you're going to
define settings for that specific window
6) In the tab Preferences:
	a. Set Keep Below to Force (and don't forget the check behind the combo!)
	b. Set No border to Force (check as well)
	c. Maybe some more preferences
7) OK, OK. Done

You can move the xclock around by holding Alt + the left mouse button while
dragging.

Hope this helps as well.

Kind regards,

--