How to show xvkbd when unlocking screen (for Tablet PC)?

Andrew Lofthouse loftyhauser at fastmail.fm
Sat May 6 17:52:27 BST 2006

I'm running KDE 3.5.1 (SUSE 10.1 RC3) on a Tablet PC.  I'd like to figure out
a way to unlock the screen without using the keyboard (just the stylus in
tablet mode).  I can get xvkbd to show up on the login screen (kdm) and login
fine that way, but when the screen is locked (kscreensaver), I don't know how
to get xvkbd to show up along with the unlock screen dialog.  I'm not a
developer, although I can read C/C++ well enough to make minor modifications,
but I have no idea where to even start.  Is there a way to do this without
modifying the source, perhaps a script somewhere?  If I have to modify the
source, where should I start looking (i.e. where is the source for the unlock
screen dialog kept)?

Thanks,

ajl