Tool for warning user that partition is almost full?

Bo Andresen bo.andresen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:44:23 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 20:23, kitts wrote:
> On Thursday 23 March 2006 16:48 IST, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > Is there a KDE tool that monitors disk space and that warns the user if a
> > partition reaches a certain fill state?
>
> I have not tried this myself but i think one can use KDE System Guard for
> this.
>
> I have created a new worksheet where i place all disk realted information.
> i.e. Fill (%), used (blocks) and free (blocks) for each partition that i
> want to look at. Then one can setup an alarm on the fill (%) for each
> partition by setting the maximum upper level.
>
> Update: I just found that there is no audio/popup based alarm option
> through KSysGuard. At most it can color the entry text. I suppose it would
> be a good idea to add such a notification scheme to KSysGuard? What say?

You do realize that you have sent the same email four times now?

I think you can get audio/popup by using system notifications combined with
ksysguard but I haven't quite figured out how it is supposed to work. I also
think this is new to KDE 3.5 and the OP was using KDE 3.3 so I don't think
the OP can use this without upgrading. Not sure though.

--
Bo Andresen