Problem compiling extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/loaders/dmetaloader.cpp

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 25 20:32:30 GMT 2006

Bram Schoenmakers wrote:

> Op zaterdag 25 maart 2006 14:23, schreef Steven P. Ulrick:
>> Please forgive my ignorance, but what in the error message leads to the
>> conclusion that gcc is at fault?
>
> Not all code is ready for GCC >4, sometimes some small adaptions are
> necessary to make it compile. I'm not really into that stuff, but I think
> posting your error message should be sufficient.
>
> And even if it's not GCC's fault, it doesn't hurt to report this problem.

Bram, do you mean report to the gcc developers or to the digikam developers?

Steven, you may be able to work around the problem by doing s/DColor::// in
the lines referred to by the original error message (ie, lines 63 and 70 of
dcolor.h). Disclaimer: I don't know any C++, so that may or may not work.

Regards,
Philip