Konq pops up when clicking links in eMails

Nick Tryon dhraak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:00:00 GMT 2006

Okay, after rereading the original message, I should state that, yes,
I do have "Open links in new tab instead of new window", "Open new
tabs in the background", and "Open tab in existing Konqueror when URL
is called externally" all enabled.  I think this might be what the
original poster was talking about, and it might fix his problem.
Settings > Configure Konqueror... > Web Behavior > Tabbed Browsing >
Advanced Options

On 3/24/06, Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'd like to have links I open in KMail opened in a new konq tab in the
> background. Right now Konq comes up which is a hassle.

I get this too (konqueror comes to the top instead of staying below
the current window, even though it opens the URL in a new tab).
It happens when I open links in Konqueror from aKregator and when I
use "kfmclient openURL" with xchat's URL handler.
It does not, however, happen when I use the "Add Lyrics" or "Open in
external browser" buttons in amaroK's (1.4-svn) context browser or
when I open links from Kopete.

Focus stealing prevention settings do not appear to have any effect on this.

KDE version: 3.5.1 (gentoo split ebuilds)
Focus Policy: Click to Focus ("Click raise active window" is disabled)
Focus stealing prevention level: Normal