Tool for warning user that partition is almost full?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Mar 23 13:28:09 GMT 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 13:54, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 March 2006 12:18, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> >> Is there a KDE tool that monitors disk space and that warns the user if
> >> a partition reaches a certain fill state?
> >
> > Hi Felix. I normally use Kdisk free, which is on the "System" menu. It
> > shows the state of discs with a graph, and I've just looked in the help
> > file for it, and see there, that there is also a setting, under "General
> > Settings" for an alert window to pop up, if a disc gets critically full.
>
> I've used it for a while too, but it doesnt work :/ I've ran out of
> space without warning lots of times... Luckily I usually have an open
> terminal, or i'd be f*cked.

Thats annoying, and "System notifications" doesn't seem to have anything
specific to Kdisk free either. There is a line there that says.
"A critical message is being shown" , and the display a messagebox icon isn't
on that line. I might try putting it on that line, but it's going to take a
while to see if it works, unless you deliberately redline the drive.

Nigel.