ksirc notifications not working?

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 21 09:45:54 GMT 2006

David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> Thanks much for the response.
>

>> Do notifications work in any other KDE app?
>

> Hmmmm ... I have no idea.  I didn't know that any other KDE apps have
> notifications.  Can you suggest another app that has that functionality
> that I can check?

Many KDE apps have them, although the best place to find notifications
settings is in the control center, under sound & multimedia -> system
notifications.

>>  Do all types of notifications
>>  fail in ksirc, or just some?
>
> It does appear to display some sort of indicator on that channel's tab
> when someone types on the channel (which then goes away when I click on
> it), but that seems to be it.

I was thinking more of sounds vs popups vs "mark taskbar entry" (all in the
'advanced' tab). Do any of those work?

What distribution are you running?

Regards,
Philip