ksirc notifications not working?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Mar 20 21:05:50 GMT 2006

Been using Ksirc for a while, and have generally been pleased with it.
But I'm trying to start relying on a feature I've not used much
previously, and it doesn't appear to be working - namely notifications.

I've customized my ksirc notifications to show a message in a pop-up
window whenever there's either an "IRC channel event" or "Someone
mentioned your nick on IRC", but neither one of these settings appears to
be doing anything.

This is getting a bit problematic for me, as I'm starting to rely more
heavily on IRC at my job.  I can't sit monitoring my Ksirc window all the
time, but I need to know if someone messages me.  As things stand right
now, I'm missing messages.

Anyone know what the problem might be here and/or how to fix it?

I'm using ksirc 1.3.12 on KDE 3.5.1.

TIA,

DR