Konqueror does not release mounted devices

Robin Atwood robin.atwood at attglobal.net
Thu Mar 16 08:33:31 GMT 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 05:08, Jared wrote:
> If I view a mounted CD-ROM, USB keydrive, or basically any devices that
> requires mounting/umounting with Konqueror, it will maintain a "busy"
> status on that device.  In order to eject/unmount the device, I must first
> close Konqueror completely.

I agree, this "feature" has been driving me mad for ages. It's got to the
stage I mount removable media from the cli, it's so much less grief.
Sometimes fam get its nose in and you have to kill that as well (also fam is
prone to looping with 80% cpu usage). The commands "fuser /mnt/cdrom" and
"lsof +D /mnt/cdrom" can help, but on occasion I have been reduced to logging
off. :-((

-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling