desktop UFO

Rick Miles rickfrm at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 13 10:01:30 GMT 2006

I seem to have a bit of trouble understanding why I seem to have problems with
alsa and arts coexisting on a desktop. It seems that sometimes arts runs and
other times its in the way.

For example, to have access to my sound system I have to do a killall artsd
before running audacity. I sometimes have trouble getting sound in kscd,
klear and kaffeine. I fiddle with things and everything is ok then its not

Can someone point me to some meaningfull info on this as googling about seems
to indicate that there has been various problems in various distros between
running arts and alsa.

TIA

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Boomtime, the 72nd of Chaos, 3172
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/