DNS caching/lookup in Konq or KDE? - restated

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 13:58:23 GMT 2006

Looking at my machine with ethereal.

Whenever there is any eth0 activity going to the web or an arp transmission
from the router something inserts a number of unrelated dns requests into and
after the transmission. They are always for servers that I have browsed
recently.

Is this normal operation?

My concern is that it's caused by something that has found it's way on to my
machine.
If it is konq refreshing some sort of dns cache/lookup how do I turn it off
and is there any way of playing with it's settings?

I have the main cache turned off. It would need to be very large to be of much
use and I wonder about the relative efficiency with modern high line speeds.

Regards
John

--
Suse 10.0