long name field in .desktop icon

Eduardo Jaime Quiros Batres dojai at ufv.br
Thu Mar 2 17:14:08 GMT 2006

Em Qui 02 Mar 2006 11:00, Rex Dieter escreveu:
> Eduardo Jaime Quiros Batres wrote:
> > I have a icon with a long "name=" description and I can't find in the
> > help or google how to make the descriptin appear in several lines.
> > Under the desktop icon I get "shortcut to something..." and I would like
> > it to appear in 2 or more lines:
>
> AFAIK, there is no way to do what you want.  However, it sounds like you
> probably want to use the
> Comment=
> field to put the long description instead of abusing
> Name=
nothing to do with abusing, having to do with solving a user problem that now
has one more reason to keep talking bad about linux and making it difficult
for a transition we have to make, doesn't matter if he's right, matters that
he thinks that it should be possible and others also.

Where can I suggest this for the future, like:
Name="long name that\nthe user likes"

Eduardo Jaime QuirĂ³s Batres (dojai at ufv.br)