Konqueror/KIO slave Basic Access problem in KDE3.5.3

Nick Thompson nickthompson at agere.com
Mon Jun 19 14:07:05 BST 2006

Hi,

I've rolled my own KDE's since way back in 1.x days, so hopefully I
now what I'm doing to some extent - maybe not. I've installed
KDE3.5.3 on RHEL3 using GCC 3.2.3. I quickly encountered an issue in
konqueror that I then also saw in akregator too:

When I try to access web pages and RSS feeds from web pages that are
authenticated (with apache Basic Access) the connection is made, but
the authentication dialogue is not shown and the throbber spins for
ever - or at least until I give up. https and http accesses fail
identically. If I turn off BA on the http server, access is restored.
Firefox works with BA on on the server and my KDE3.5.0 konqueror
works fine as well.

Is there something that I am missing or has support for BA been
removed between 3.5.0 and 3.5.3?

Thanks,