Fuji Camera

Rick Miles frmrick at turtlespond.net
Sun Jun 11 07:30:54 BST 2006

dround at gotadsl.co.uk is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!
> Hi,
>  What a cockeyed system.!!!
Which system is that?

> I'm sending this KMail directly from the option in The  Kamera Handbook
> pages of SUSE 10.1 as I did my first KMail.
What version of KDE are you using? I'm using 3.5.3 and there does not appear
to be any Kamera on board in a default install. Did a google and I find this
on a Novel site:

SUSE Linux 10.1
Package Descriptions
 kdegraphics3-kamera
 KDE digital camera application
Kamera is a konqueror plugin for digital cameras. It is mostly used for
cameras that are connected via serial port, while usb-cameras are
directly supported by the kernel.

This appears not to be part of the official release but just an application

If your camera can connect by usb I'd say kamera is not for you. My duaghter
and I use digikam with libgphoto for usb connected cameras and it works fine
in KDE and has for awhile. I've also used hplip with a HP- PSC-2355 and it's
a no brainer.

> It makes no reference to there being a forum moderator at the other end.
Looks like you've been fobbed off onto this list  :^)
> Another typical anomaly in Linux administration.
Have you had allot of these typicals? or are you expectations and reality not
one and the same.
> No wonder it's  a
> nightmare for newbies. They don't know whats happening either!

Must have been a frustrating day for you but don't take it out on others when
you don't even know if it's your problem or theirs. If you are using SuSE I'd
say in the first instance you should be on a SuSE site and being that the
package is probably post Novel takeover you should be seeking support from
Novel if that's who you purchased from.

When I started out as a newbie I joined a couple of Slackware forums, and
politely asked questions once I at least (1) had an idea of what my problem
was and (2) most certainly after I had made an attempt to  sort it out
myself. That was and still is expected on most lists and BTW most lists go
quiet on the weekend.

> David Round

Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Boomtime, the 16th of Confusion, 3172
http://www.turtlespond.net/