Serious problem with Googlebar

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Mon Jun 5 04:15:25 BST 2006

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 21:38:01 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-kde at afolkey2.net> wrote:

> Hello Everyone :)
> I know that this is not about a core KDE application, but it is about
> how an app from kde-apps.org has eliminated my ability to start
> konqueror, either as a web browser or a filemanager.  So I thing that
> at the list, it will serve as a warning for somebody :)
>

> I was looking at kde-apps.org today and thought I'd try out what is
> referred to on that site as "Advanced Search Toolbar for Konqueror"
> Downloaded the file named googlebar-0.6.1.tar.bz2, and then proceeded
> to successfully compile and install.
> Here's where the serious problem comes in: now, when I even attempt to
> open konqueror, it will not even start.  So I tried running it from a
> terminal window, and I got the following information:

Hello, Everyone
I did have to reboot recently :(, and when I logged into KDE,
I was greeted with the glorious fact that konqueror was working
again :)
Of course there had to have been a way to fix konqueror without
rebooting.  If any of you get any astounding revelations from reading
my original message on this subject, I would like to know what you have
to say.

Steven P. Ulrick
--
 22:12:14 up 30 min,  2 users,  load average: 2.34, 0.99, 0.52