how to load an actual URL into Konqueror?

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Sun Jul 30 09:34:07 BST 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 02:06, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 01:51:15AM -0500, David J Brooks wrote:
> > If I click on this link: www.google.com
> >
> > Konqueror will open to this: /var/tmp/kdecache-david/krun/42497.0.
> >
> > How do I get it to open the actual webpage, and not the cache?
>
> Please check "Settings->KDE Components->Component Chooser", On the
> right select Web Browser. What options are set for this component?

It was set to: Open http and https URLs in the following browser: konqbrowser

Changing that to 'in an application based on the contents of the URL' seems to
solve the problem.

Thanks! I've been trying to find the right setting in Konqueror settings on
and off for months. I'd have never thought to look there!

David
--
Sure the Almighty created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.