Konqueror "Top-of-Page" Keyboard Shortcut

Robert Morrison orbert at orbert.net
Thu Jul 27 22:01:26 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 15:12, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:31:28PM -0500, Robert Morrison wrote:
> >
> > 1) Is there a way to add a "top-of-page" keyboard shortcut?
>
> It's already there: Home (alone)

Ah, thanks.

> It's listed as "Beginning of Line"(sic) but scrolls to the top
> when focus isn't on input fields.

It isn't listed at all in my "Configure Shortcuts" dialog
(KDE 3.5.3). That is, "Beginning of Line" does not show up
under "Actions" and "Home" does not appear as either a
"Shortcut" or "Alternate."

Knowing how KDE re-uses components, I even went to Kate to
see if a corresponding key binding showed up there, but
(to my surprise) it's not there either. Oh, wait, there it
is: under "Configure Kate > Shortcuts".

Looking at that ... aha. Turns out that since I've deleted
the Konqueror binding for ctl-home, that key now defaults
to the Kate (KWord part?) binding: "Move to beginning of
document." So I had already accomplished what I wanted to do
without realizing it.

Is there a way to get a complete list of keyboard bindings
in one place?

> > 2) How do I find out what key (combo) generates "XF86HomePage"?
>
> No Combo, but an extended keyboard with additional (sometimes
> called multimedia) keys.

Thanks.