kmail - sending profile preference

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Tue Jul 25 12:39:07 BST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 18:50, David Corbin wrote:
> On Sunday 23 July 2006 23:58, Bob Stia wrote:
> >
> > Yes,
> >
> > Send a "New message to Mailing List" by right clicking on the folder that
> > holds the mailing list, or, at the top in the Message > Send New Message.
> > To reply, Message > Reply Special > Reply to Mailing List.  Or, just hit
> > L on your keyboard. This will work if you have your mailing lists set up
> > in Kmail. I have 4 separate ones and can do this on all of them.
>
> But if I just start a new message, and provide the mailinglist address, it
> *should* be made to have the same effect.  I pretty much start all my new
> mails (that are not replies) this with CTRL-N.  I should not have to treat
> mailing list mail differently.

a mix of davids original reply, plus my habit of using the middle button to
open a new mail based on the folder i am currently viewing, has created a
workaround thats good enough for a while.

once the folder properties has been set up, the bottom dropdown-tab of the
properties window is where you specify which profile to always use for that
mailing list folder.  for some reason i never noticed it.  and, as i
mentioned above, i use the middle mouse button to create a new mail, which so
far, apears to respect the folder setting.

cheers,
jonathan