Kmail and spam filtering

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sat Jul 22 16:22:40 BST 2006

Op zaterdag 22 juli 2006 15:24, schreef nigel henry:

Hi,

> I download my mail direct from my ISPs POP3 server to Kmail. Having just
> had my second email address cracked by spammers, I think it's about time
> that I started filtering the spam out.
>
> Can anyone give me some specific help, as to what I need to use, and how to
> set it up, so that I can filter the spam out that's downloaded to Kmail
> direct from my ISP?
>
> I do not have a mailserver setup, apart from Sendmail running, so that I
> can read local mail, logwatch, etc, in Kmail.
>
> Any help really appreciated.
>
> Nigel.

First install a anti spam tool like SpamAssassin. Then, in KMail, go to
Tools->Anti Spam Wizard . It will guide you through the process of setting up
appropiate KMail filters to process each message with SpamAssassin.
Note, there are more anti spam tools supported, but I don't know them right
now, except for SA.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers