Kmail

Christopher Huggins chrishuggs at cbb4u.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 18:36:42 BST 2006

Hi all,
I have just upgraded from Suse 10 to  10.1(64 bit) with KDE 3.5.1.  As the
upgrade did not go well, I was compelled to perform an installation as new,
formatting all partitions, including /home, but not before burning all data
onto a CD, which included /.kde/share/apps/Kmail/mail.

Following installation and BEFORE opening Kmail for the first time, I copied
the above mail into the newly created /home directory.   On opening Kmail all
my mail and filter folders from the backup were shown but when I attempted to
open any particular mail the subject immediately changed to 'No Subject' and
the name of the sender and the date each changed to 'unknown' and the mail
opened empty.   Obviously, I have done something wrong, which is not unusual,
so can some person with more knowledge than me please tell me how to rectify
the problem.

Thanks.