Is Kooka still being developed

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Jul 16 12:08:06 BST 2006

Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
> is the scan application kooka still being developed? I have asked the
> developer but he did not answer? Is it worth to file bug reports/wishlist
> items? How could recommend another good scaning application for KDE/sane?

The last release was May 4, 2004.

However, Kooka is just a GUI front end for other software.  The basic
scanning application for *NIX, SANE, continues to be developed.

There is a generic X front end for SANE:

	http://www.xsane.org/index.html

and it is being actively developed.  XSANE is a GTK+ bases application
with a GIMP plugin available.  If you use The GIMP, you should already
have the needed libraries, otherwise you will need to install GTK+ and
several other libraries for it to work. I suppose that there isn't much
point in it offering a choice of toolkits if it is going to be used with
The GIMP.

--
JRT