Where is print manager?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jul 6 03:20:12 BST 2006

Bob Stia wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Recently upgraded 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 Running SuSE10.0
>
> The print manager has dissapeared. Not the job viewer.
> I put in some fresh ink and went to test the printer. Not there.

I don't know if this was intentional, but it was removed from the K-Menu.

To fix this, as root, open the file:

	$KDEPREFIX/share/applications/kde/printers.desktop

in an editor and change this line:

	Categories=Qt;KDE;X-KDE-settings-hardware;

which is at the end of the file.  Change it to:

	Categories=Qt;KDE;X-KDE-settings-hardware;Settings;

and it should be restored to the: "Settings" section of the K-Menu.

--
JRT