kmail delete

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Sat Jul 1 20:06:47 BST 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 11:38, nigel henry wrote:
> On Saturday 01 July 2006 14:48, Pierre Fortier wrote:
> > I have selected "don't ask me again" for delete mail in kmail. How do I
> > undo this so that it prompts me to verify that I want to delete the mail?
>
> Bonjour Pierre.
>
> I've been looking for this for about 2hrs now, and really hate those always
> do this boxes.
>
> Thierry mentioned the "Warnings" tab in Kmail security. It's there in FC5,
> but not in FC2. I had a good look
> through /home/user_name/.kde/share/config/kmailrc (Edit/show hidden files),
> but nothing about notifications. I normally only use the default wastbin
> icon on the toolbar. So I put the same icon, but labelled "Delete" onto the
> toolbar. Sure enough there is a prompt, asking are you sure, with the check
> box for always do this. I don't like doing it, but checked the box. Too
> late now isn't it.
>
> /home/user_name/.kde/share/config/kmailrc now has 2 extra lines added.
>
> [Notification Messages]
> NoConfirmDelete=false
>
> Changed this to:  NoConfirmDelete=true , saved it, closed Kmail and
> reopened it, and the notifications pop-up was back. Job done, but very
> frustrating.
>
> It's very hot in northern France today. Whats it's like in Canada?
>
> Nigel.

This would have been made simpler if you had the kconfigeditor tool installed,
as this is only accessible from the config file. Unfortunately, Zack Rusin
hasn't updated this app in a while so I'm unsure if it compiles under modern
(KDE 3.5.x) systems as it was released around KDE 3.2.x. I'd check to see if
it is available from the FC extended repositories. If not, then if you aren't
afraid of compiling applications, download it and try.