kmail delete

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Jul 1 16:38:05 BST 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 14:48, Pierre Fortier wrote:
> I have selected "don't ask me again" for delete mail in kmail. How do I
> undo this so that it prompts me to verify that I want to delete the mail?

Bonjour Pierre.

I've been looking for this for about 2hrs now, and really hate those always do
this boxes.

Thierry mentioned the "Warnings" tab in Kmail security. It's there in FC5, but
not in FC2. I had a good look
through /home/user_name/.kde/share/config/kmailrc (Edit/show hidden files),
but nothing about notifications. I normally only use the default wastbin icon
on the toolbar. So I put the same icon, but labelled "Delete" onto the
toolbar. Sure enough there is a prompt, asking are you sure, with the check
box for always do this. I don't like doing it, but checked the box. Too late
now isn't it.

/home/user_name/.kde/share/config/kmailrc now has 2 extra lines added.

[Notification Messages]
NoConfirmDelete=false

Changed this to:  NoConfirmDelete=true , saved it, closed Kmail and reopened
it, and the notifications pop-up was back. Job done, but very frustrating.

It's very hot in northern France today. Whats it's like in Canada?

Nigel.